Kristen's hotel bathroom.
Freshly cleansed skin, soft robes and towels peppered with the essentials of skincare - meooowwwww! When there’s a lot going on in life, Kristen finds her skin can kick-the-bucket, especially when travelling. As we know, your internal health radiates externally - one of the major points she trains, as lead product trainer (among other things) at LaGaia (LUE). Skin will only look as good as you care for yourself. If we all took 5 minutes (that's seriously all) and took care of our skin, a lot of basic skin concerns would be managed. However, for many of us this just isn't a considered part of our routine.
How to prevent a rebellious dermis?
Travelling is stressful on the body and therefore stressful on your skin, so while Kristen manages travelling well, she knows that travelling still has dehydrating and stressful effects on her skin. Prevention tactic: those 5 P's babies! (Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Pores) Properly cared for with uber hydrating rituals for morning and night is just what the Doctor orders. Dr. Jean Laing, founder of LaGaia stresses that hydration is key to long lasting youthful skin - scientific fact.
Kristen's daily routine is simple; cleanse, nourish, work - cleanse, nourish, sleep - REPEAT! (Maybe throw a mask in there every now and then.)
A few dont's;
1) Don't forget to spend time on your skin before your trip, skin prep and pre-hydration is very important.
2) Don't rely on the last minute, 's#*t I forgot' product substitutes, be mindful when you pack. (At least do a little research before heading out to get the best possible substitute.)
3) Don't forget to pack at least 1 hydrating mask, this will be a life saver if you need it.
What's in her skin arsenal?
1) A balancing, non stripping cleanser + face cloth
2) At least one product containing AHA's : Kristen usually sleeps in her AHA refine (tip for skins not sensitive)
3) Vitamin A serum: duhhhh, I don't mean to be rude, just trust me and hop on board this train. Accelerate skin renewal, 100%.
4) SPF - the max Kristen wears is an SPF 30 (TIP: the higher the SPF rating, the more chemicals)
If she has nothing else with her, she has these 4 items (and a spare pare of knickers, cause you just never know!). They are tested and true for her skin, they ensure that Kristen skin is on point consistently! Very important since she travels to stand up in front of rooms filled with skin experts to discuss why her skincare range is one of the best formulated brands on the market. Putting her best face forward is a no-brainer, along with her shameless product confidence.
Honestly, lets be shameless! LUE utilises the latest scientifically proven ingredients, a ridiculous amount of mother natures best; botanicals, vitamins and minerals, oh my! LUE also formulates with pH balance, making it appropriate for all skin types, gender and ages, bringing your skin back to its desired equilibrium. Mic drop...
What is a girls best friend; happy, healthy skin! Although diamonds are still beloved too.